Lancs & Yorks Carriages

Reference Class Price
LY1 6 wheel Lavatory Composite D5 £33.00
LY2 L&Y D8 Third/D7 Composite
These two diagrams were built to a length of 33′, from 1892 and were outwardly identical, both having five compartments. They had arc roofs and were gas lit. The Composites were originally 1st/2nd/3rd, or 1st/2nd only but in the early 1900s the second class compartments were downgraded to thirds. 229 were still in use in 1921, but by 1933 only 11 were left. The last two were withdrawn in 1937.The kit is etched in brass, with plasticard roof and cast whitemetal detail parts.
£33.00
LY3 L&Y D10 Brake Third
The D10 Brake Thirds were introduced in 1890 and while outwardly similar to the Birdcage Brakes Thirds, were one foot longer at 33′. The extra length was incorporated into the luggage compartment. 23 were dual fitted with vacuum and Westinghouse brakes for through running with the Caledonian Rly and the N.E.R.The kit is etched in brass, with plasticard roof and cast whitemetal detail parts.
£33.00
LY4
Photo available
Family Saloon
Nine of these family saloons were built in the 1890’s, in the typical L & Y style of the period. Two were altered to engineers inspection saloons in 1903, but the remainder continued in their original form into the 1930’s. The family saloons were usually attached to regular timetable trains and would be changed from train to train until their final destination was reached. They were often seen in destinations far from their parent railway.The kit is etched in brass, with plasticard roof and cast whitemetal detail parts.
£33.00
LY5 L&Y Birdcage Brake Third
120 Birdcage Brake Thirds were built between 1822 and 1886. They were 32′ long and were originally equipped with grease axleboxes and short buffers. The roof followed a plain arc profile and the brake end was equipped with four end windows and a centre panel which revolved to show a white or red board.The kit is etched in brass, with plasticard roof and cast whitemetal detail parts.
£33.00
LY6 L&Y Saloons D13, D14 & D20
Although outwardly identical, the 6 wheel saloons to Diagrams 13, 14 and 20 were very different internally. Twelve D13 were built in 1891-1892 They were 32′ 11″ over the headstocks and ran on 3′ 6″ Maunsell wheels. Originally they appear to have been designated Third Class but were later reclassified as “Football Saloons”. Forty eight D14 were built, the first eight 1891, the rest by 1896. The last twenty were also equipped with Westinghouse brakes for running on Caledonian, NER and GER lines. In 1895 three First Class Picnic saloons were built to Diagram 20, the fourth a year later with an attendants tea compartment instead of the luggage compartment. This was used as a Club Car on the Blackpool service. It was refitted in 1912 and absorbed into Diagram 20. A further four were built in 1899. These saloons were often found on “foreign “lines, in particular the LNWR as well as the three listed above. Most reached the LMS and were removed from service starting in 1925, although the oldest survived until 1935.The kit is etched in brass, with plasticard roof and cast whitemetal detail parts.
£33.00